“This is a sad day, and an urgent reminder that we need to address public corruption and pass meaningful ethics reforms. All elected officials should be judged on what they have done to fight corruption, and my opponent, Carl Marcellino, has consistently enabled and supported Ed Mangano and John Venditto. Senator Marcellino’s longtime support of these two corrupt officials - both of whom should resign immediately - means he can't be relied upon to bring the reform and change we so desperately need. As State Senator, I will fight to clean up Albany and root out corrupt officials on the state, county and local level.”
• Jim Gaughran has been out front on the needs to reform government and pass real ethics reforms.
• As a Town Councilman, Jim Gaughran wrote and helped pass one of the strongest ethics laws for any municipality in New York State.
• Jim and Assemblyman Lavine held a joint event on July 20th to call for a fiscal monitor for Oyster Bay. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ3z44_fs4o
• Jim unveiled a major and innovative ethics reform proposal that would empower citizens to be able to hold corrupt elected officials accountable through recall elections: http://www.newsday.com/long-island/politics/spin-cycle/jim-gaughran-call...
• Jim also announced a series of ethics reform proposals to help clean up Albany and restore the public’s trust in government: http://www.nystateofpolitics.com/2016/10/sd-5-gaughran-releases-ethics-p...